Tuesday, July 19, 2011

1st Haircut

I NEED to interrupt our vacation pictures with this post because I believe that all milestones should be documented. Vacation pictures will be back after my surgery on Thursday. It's minor surgery to remove a cyst from my left wrist (which Sam affectionately calls my 3rd hand!).

This is what prompted me to give Rebekah her 1st haircut:

and this is how I got her to sit still while I cut it:
1) turn on Sesame Street
2) Say that you're going to cut her hair "just like I cut Daddy's hair", because anything Daddy does is cool!
Sam would make a face and cringe every time I cut more of her hair. He also kept saying that he can't believe that she is old enough for a haircut and was definitely sad about the fact that his "baby" is growing up.
And here is the final result: 
Rebekah's 1st official haircut! The best part is that it can still go into a ponytail and it's cut even!

And finally a "just because I want to" picture:
Don't you love the scrunchy face? Maybe it was really bright that day or maybe she was forcing a smile, who knows?!
My dad gave me a massive box of my old clothes that he and my mom kept from my childhood while we were visiting him in Florida. Some of it screamed 1980's, in a bad way, some if it was worn and needed to be pitched, but some of it was WONDERFUL!  In the picture above Rebekah is wearing a dress that I used to wear as a toddler!

1 comment:

  1. she has the best ruby sue hair. better than ruby sue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...