Rebekah's birthday was in February and as usual Aunt Kate came from Georgia to visit and celebrate with us. It's always nice to have family around for occasions like that. Sam and I are old news now that Rebekah is around and at our age birthdays aren't as important. So, celebrating with Kate here is always a treat! The other reason I like having company come for a visit is that we get to take them out to Mark's Feed Store and eat their wonderful BBQ and fried pickles. YUM!
The other bonus of Kate visiting is these s'more cookies. LOVED THEM!
Birthday block decorations made by Aunt Kate (read: Happie 3rd birtday)... we ran out of blocks.
Please ignore the child vacuuming in the picture below. More on that in a minute.
I love this picture because of what Rebekah is doing. She said that she didn't want to wear shoes, but her feet were cold. Her solution was to stand with her toes on the heat vent.
Since cupcakes went over so well last year, I opted to make them again. I bought these super moist, double fudge cupcakes and was supposed to be able to make 24 of them, filling both pans. Let's just say, I may have over done it a bit. I was only able to make 19. They were pretty good though... extra moist because of the extra batter in each on. Actually, we froze a few and looking at this picture makes me want to thaw one and have an afternoon snack.
Okay, on to the vacuuming. My mom got this vacuum for us a few years ago. It's a great vacuum because the handle extends and retracts for storage. The benefit of that is that Rebekah LOVES to vacuum. So, as a perk to obeying and helping momma clean up she got to vacuum the hard wood parts of the floor. Happy Birthday to her!
On Saturday we had Rebekah's BFF, Libby, come over to enjoy pizza and cupcakes. They had a lot of fun and I'm so glad that they're friends!
Dr. Rebekah checking Libby's ears:
This is what happened the second they heard something like, "Okay, go sit down and we're going to have pizza and cupcakes." Amazing how certain words get this type of reaction!
My attempt at owl cupcakes (idea found on pinterest and link here):
Libby gave Rebekah some dress up accessories: gloves (with attached ring), a purse, and a pink beaded necklace. Laurel's contribution to Rebekah's gift was a card with girl chipmunks that sang, "shake your groove thing" over and over again when it was opened. Thanks Laurel! I think that Rebekah may have liked the card equally as much as the dress up accessories. I, however, preferred the dress up option. Mainly because I heard those annoying chipmunks regularly throughout the day for a week until I couldn't handle it anymore and had to pitch it in the trash. Libby turns 3 in October and I have 7 months to find the perfect gift/card for her. Can't wait!
One of the funny things about the gloves with the ring attached is that Rebekah will play, "Let's get married!"with the gloves and has two preferred choices for her partner in life... her friend Samuel, who is something like 5 years older than her, and Jesus. We would be fine with either.
When the Byers left Rebekah and Kate played a game of try to shove Aunt Kate into a box. It was definitely entertaining. The box was holding balloons that were a part of her gift. By the way, balloons are the best and cheapest toys ever! We played with those balloons for a month until they started deflating.
After the party we packed up and headed to the zoo. The weather here has been pretty warm this winter. On this particular day it was overcast, breezy, and in the 50's and we were so surprised to see that the animals were up and active! I definitely recommend going to the zoo when it's cooler outside.
Rebekah's actual birthday was on Sunday so we saved her presents from our family for that afternoon.
The other massive box in our home that week was from Aunt Kate and Muddy and Pops (Sam's parents). It was a piano. Rebekah was super excited about that!
Rebekah and Kate wearing their matching present bows:
I'll leave you with our attempt at an annual birthday family picture:
We had no idea she was doing this until we looked at the pictures later. It made for a good laugh for sure!


























No comments:
Post a Comment